The MEDIA BANK is designed to make uploading managing your source files (audio, video, and/or documents) more convenient. You can access the Media Bank page from your Studio > Dashboard, and it is also available within any Episode in your Archive.
You can upload multiple files at the same time using your Browser or FTP software. You have the option to just Upload the media file(s) for storage within the Media Bank, or you can Upload & Publish to the Episode in one Step.
MEDIA STORAGE: To help minimize your Storage fees, once you have successfully Published your media from the Media Bank to an Episode, you can then safely remove the “Source File”. This will NOT affect the media that has been published to an Episode. (The “published” media is visible within the Studio > Archive > Episode’s audio or video tab, and is accessible through your Players and Feeds. The file you upload is transcoded server-side and a new file is created that is then assigned to the Episode. Do not link people directly to files in your Media Bank, they are NOT permanent. )
Go to any Episode within your Archive, or create a new Episode… scroll down the the MEDIA BANK.
1. Click ADD FILES
2. select the file(s) from your system
3. to the left of the file name you will see an icon…
– the BLUE ARROW pointing up is for UPLOAD ONLY (this will not add the media to the Episode, however you can Publish the file later to any Episode in your Archive, it will be waiting in your Media Bank list).
– the GREEN CIRCLE “+” is for UPLOAD & PUBLISH in one step. It will Publish the media file(s) to the Episode you are currently within.
Note: click on the icon on the left to switch its status from one to the other.
PUBLISHING: when the GREEN CIRCLE “+” is showing, you with be publishing the media to the same Episode that you are currently on. Once ready, click on the START UPLOAD button. This will upload the file and trigger the server-side conversion process. At this point you can leave the page. Once the conversion is complete the media file(s) will automatically be available within your Players and RSS feeds.
– For audio file uploads, select the bit rate at which you would like to publish your audio.
– For video file uploads, you can create up to three dirivatives (seperate bit rates / qualities) during the publishing process. Adaptive Bit Rate Delivery > during playback, the player will automatically adapt and send the best quality dirivative that the viewer’s connection can handle, or the visitor can manually select what bit rate they would like to view. Note: multiple bit rates of video will increase your Usage / storage.
* Higher bit rates will produce larger files and this will increase your monthly Usage.
If you are PUBLISHING a media file that already exists within the Media Bank (for example if you FTP’d files to the server), click on the GREEN CIRCLE “+” to the far right of the media’s title and then adjust your encoder settings that appear below. Lastly, click the PUBLISH button to the right of the encoder settings to begin the process. This will refresh your page, and then begin the final encoding process. At this point you can leave the page. Once the conversion is complete the media file(s) will automatically be available within your Players and RSS feeds.
For FTP Uploading: see the FTP info button located within your Studio’s Media Bank > Upload Center